Wednesday, January 27, 2010

More Experiments

Yesterday, I did get the pitas made for lunch. It took a bit of work with a 10 month old who isn't used to me or my house! :-) Plus all of our big baby toys are in storage....for a few more months at least! They turned out pretty well. I used the light whole wheat dough. I had problems with one puffing like it is supposed to. Half of it had a pocket and the other half didn't develop the pocket. We ate them for lunch stuffed with tuna.



For the kids afterschool snack, I used the rest of the bagel dough to make pretzals. McKenna helped with rolling out the snakes. They weren't too bad. I think they had more of a bagel flavor than a pretzal flavor and feel, but maybe I need more pratice.



I don't think I will make any bread today. I have pleanty of cooking to do without that! I hope to make a loaf of bread from the whole wheat dough in a loaf pan. I also want to try to make the carmel sticky buns that are found in the Aristan Bread book. I haven't decided what dough I want to use for that though. My father-in-law's birthday party is Sunday, so I am going to try something for that. I was thining about garlic potato bread. We are having lasagna. I thought maybe that would go well. We'll see what the rest of this week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment