Monday, January 25, 2010

My First Attempt

I did my first attempt to make a loaf of bread out of the book Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. The actual challange is to use the book Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. Since at this point in time, I am borrowing books from the library, I have to use what is available. The Healthy Bread book is being catalogued right now, so I have it on hold. In the mean time, I have read the Artisan Bread book and have made the master dough recipe. I made my first loaf of bread last night. After I had sliced it and covered it with butter and apricot jam (sadly enough, not homemade), I realized that I forgot to take a picture. Maybe next time! I had a few problems with my bread in the technical shaping and resting stage, but it tasted great! Later that evening I tried the Lavash in the book with the master dough recipe. I learned a couple of things from that. I don't have to roll it as thinly and I need to come up with a better way to get it onto the hot stone in the oven. My first on foled. My second one, my husband helped me. Today, I am going to use the rest of my dough. My goal is for supper tonight, but it might get eaten earlier since I told McKenna and Aaron we would have some today. I am going to try a new shape - we'll see how that works!

No comments:

Post a Comment